Getting Here & Around
DISCLAIMER: GoHaidaGwaii cannot guarantee the experience or service of the providers listed on this site. We recommend that you check reviews on sites such as Trip Advisor prior to booking.
Arriving by Air:
Air Service to the Islands is available daily from Vancouver and Prince Rupert. For schedules and fares please check with the following carriers.
Air Canada flies daily from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Sandspit International Airport (YZP).
Pacific Coastal Airlines flies daily between Vancouver's South Terminal and the Masset Municipal Airport.
Inland Air has daily scheduled flights between Prince Rupert and the Village of Masset.
Arriving by Water:
BC Ferries provides regular scheduled sailings to the Islands from Prince Rupert year round. Connector service is available in Prince Rupert for the Inside Passage route to Port Hardy on Vancouver Island or north with Alaska's Marine Ferry System.
Personal motor vessels can be accommodated throughout the islands. The Islands have long been known for their excellent recreational boating opportunities. Many of the Islands communities have Marinas and services catering to recreational boaters. Check our recreational boating directory for more information.
Masset Bikes - Village of Masset
North Beach Surf Shop - Village of Masset
Sandspit Visitor Centre - Sandspit Airport
Echo Bay Lodge - Queen Charlotte
Green Coast Kayaking - Queen Charlotte
Budget Car & Truck Rentals
- Sandspit, Airport Terminal, 250-637-5688
- Queen Charlotte, 605 Oceanview Dr, 250-559-4641
Island Auto Rentals
- Queen Charlotte, 3101 Oceanview Dr, 250-559-4118
National Car & Truck Rentals
- Masset, 1480 Old Beach Rd, 250-626-3833
- Skidegate, 107 Front St. 250-559-8013
Rustic Car Rentals
- Masset, 1963 Collison Ave, 250-626-3756
Haida Gwaii RV Vehicle Rentals
- Queen Charlotte, 3113 Oceanview Dr. 250.637.1202
Gwaii Taxi & Tours, Skidegate 250-559-2380
Taxi / Shuttle Services:
NH Connections: Northern Health's Ferry Connector service provides public bus service to and from BC Ferries' Skidegate terminal. Wheelchair service available. Call Eagle Transit for details.
Airport Shuttle: Service to and from the Sandspit Airport (YZP). Eagle Transit meets Air Canada Jazz flights, Call 1-877-747-4461, toll free anywhere in North America, for reservations or information. You can also email email@example.com
- Sandspit Bus (charters), Sandspit, 250-885-3073
- Eagle Transit, Skidegate, 250-559-4461
- Ron Souza Limo Service, Queen Charlotte, 250-637-1459
- Gwaii Taxi and Tours, Skidegate, 250-637-1162
- Highlander Marine Services, Skidegate, 250-637-1111
- Mile Zero Taxi, Greater Masset, 250-626-8999
- Haida Time Taxi, Greater Masset, 250-626-7994
Here are our maps of the communities on Haida Gwaii and an interactive map complete with photo galleries