The Float House
Phone: 250 637-1093
Queen Charlotte Harbour
3180 Wharf St
Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0
A beautifully finished floating home moored at the iconic Queen Charlotte docks. This unique local landmark affords stunning views of the sun rising over the sea and setting behind the mountains. The perfect base to launch your Haida Gwaii adventure.
Staying in the float-house is a truly unique experience. You will be connected to the pulse of local life through the rise and fall of each tide as fisherman and sea-folk go about their business all around you. A birder's paradise - countless different species of seabirds bob right past the west facing window while eagles watch eagerly from the masts above.
The newly installed wood-stove ensures a warm and comfortable setting on stormy nights; and the kitchen is fully equipped with everything you will need to cook up your catch of the day. Water from the taps comes direct from the town and is good to drink. Sleeps 4 in beds, but more can squeeze in if you bring mats and bags (max 8).
- 1 queen bed upstairs and a folding double bed in the living room
- Centrally located at the Queen Charlotte wharf
- Walking distance from shops and restaurants
- Includes free parking, wifi, firewood and hot water
- Full kitchen with olive oil and spices provided
- Blue tooth enabled sound system
- Best view in Queen Charlotte!