Queen Charlotte Harbour Authority
Nestled between the breathtaking Skidegate Inlet and the mountains of Haida Gwaii, the Village of Queen Charlotte (population 945) offers visitors unique recreational opportunities combined with the comforts and friendliness of an ocean-side community.
The Queen Charlotte Harbour is located in the heart of the village, within walking distance to a variety of shops and amenities. Check out the Visitor Centre for local information, and explore the area in a rental car, on a kayak, or with a tour guide. A library, hospital, clinic, and pharmacy are all close to the marina, which can provide fuel, potable water and hydro (15 and 30 amp).
The Harbour has approximately 3,000 feet of dock space which can accommodate a wide variety of vessels with a maximum length of 150'. Power and water are available on the three main docks and there is a 2-piece bathroom at the dock head. Fees are based on CFVs and Recreational boats with daily, monthly, quarterly and annual rates. Rates for power are daily or monthly only.
Plan your trip using the online registration system at http://my.onlinemooring.com/QueenCharlotteBC where you can view the moorage availability for your dates of travel.
- Visit the Haida Heritage Centre in Skidegate and tour the totem poles and exhibits
- Enjoy the view on the Queen Charlotte Seawalk or relax at the ocean-side Spirit Square
- Tour the protected Skidegate Inlet and nearby islands by kayak with a local guide
- Step back in time with the self-guided Heritage Walking Tour (maps available at the Visitor Centre)
- Hike Sleeping Beauty Mountain for a panoramic view of Haida Gwaii
- Enter into another world on the Spirit Lake Trail at Skidegate
- Visit art galleries showcasing traditional and modern art
- Hike the Pesuta Shipwreck Trail at Tlell
- 3,000 feet of dock space
- Fuel, potable water and hydro (15 and 30 amp)
- Within walking distance to the shops and amenities