Port Clements Small Craft Harbour
Situated at the south-east edge of Masset Inlet, Port Clements (population 387) is located at the heart of Graham Island. Centrally located, Port Clements is a short drive from other Graham Island communities and the wild west coast.
This welcoming community is the perfect starting place for exploring the wilderness and cultural attractions of Haida Gwaii.
Located near the mouth of the legendary Yakoun River, this old logging and mill town is known as “Port” to Islanders. In the early twentieth century, people and freight gained access to the center of Graham Island on water through Port Clements. Today, the village acts as a “Gateway to the Wilderness”.
The Small Craft Harbour Dock, located next to Bayview Market, can accommodate approximately 15-20 recreational vessels. The docks are serviced with hydro and potable water and visitors have access to accommodation, visitor centre, grocery store, post office, gas station, restaurant and waterfront pub. Other services include the Port Clements museum, wilderness and kayak tours, medical clinic and public library.
- Walk the Sunset Park Trail along the Yakoun River Estuary
- Get out your checklist at the bird viewing tower on the Yakoun Estuary – over 150 species of birds live on or migrate through Haida Gwaii
- Hike the Golden Spruce Trail – an easily accessible old growth forest experience
- Take a rainforest tour of ancient Haida Canoes
- Visit the Port Clements Museum to learn about the history of logging on the islands
- Experience the thrill of fishing on the Tlell, Yakoun or Mamin Rivers
- Book a guided river kayaking or wilderness tour
- Can accommodate approximately 15-20 recreational vessels
- Serviced with hydro and potable water
- Amenities include access accommodation, restaurant, waterfront pub, grocery store, visitor centre, post office and gas station,