Masset Harbour Authority
At the heart of a unique and vibrant Islands culture, the Village of Masset is located at the north end of Graham Island. With about 900 residents, this fishing village is renowned among sport fishers for its easy access to the productive salmon and halibut grounds to the northwest. To the east lies Naikoon Provincial Park, home of the legendary Tow Hill, a volcanic plug rising above North Beach.
At the western terminus of the Yellowhead Highway (Hwy 16), Masset is known for its endless hiking trails, magnificent beaches, and exceptional birdwatching opportunities. World renowned artists hail from Masset and can be found at studios throughout the village and at the neighbouring Haida community of Old Massett.
Masset has all needed amenities for visitors including accommodation, restaurants, grocery stores, Credit Union/ATM, liquor store, post office, vehicle rentals, taxi service, visitor centre, laundromat and public showers.
Other services include sport fishing charters, tour operator, outdoor equipment rentals, golfing, museum, galleries, gift shops and studios, public library, medical clinic and hospital.
The Village of Masset's commercial dock has space for approximately 10 visiting boats (10’ max draft) and is serviced with fuel, hydro and potable water.
- Reel in a big one with a sport fishing charter
- Book a land or water tour and fully experience Haida Gwaii
- Bird watchers and photographers ‘in the know’ will be stationed at the Delkatla Wildlife Sanctuary
- Hike to the top of Tow Hill for a show-stopping view
- Walk along the scenic Blow Hole boardwalk and experience the thrill of pounding surf from the safety of the viewing platform
- Explore the ancient basalt rock formations at the Blow Hole area
- Rent watersport gear, bring a lunch and spend the day at North Beach – watch for those elusive glass fishing floats!
- Tour historic Totem Poles in the Haida village of Old Massett
- Take in a round at the 9-hole golf course along Tow Hill Road
- Space for approximately 10 visiting recreational vessels (10’ max draft)
- Serviced with fuel, hydro and potable water
- Amenities include amenities accommodation, restaurants, grocery stores, Credit Union/ATM, liquor store, post office, vehicle rentals, taxi service, visitor centre, laundromat and public showers