Adele’s Haida Gwaii Guesthouse
101 Bayview Drive
PO Box 169
Port Clements, BC
This funky, newly renovated guest home is your place to relax and soak up the beauty of the ocean.
The 'Blue House' backs onto Masset Inlet and is home to raccoon, kingfishers, cranes, herons, swans, deer and friendly local characters. It has a very open design and ocean views from most windows. It is furnished with antiques and oddities, including a wood cook stove that is 100 years old, and Chinese pieces from the same decade.
The Blue House is a block from the long dock, which is set up for fishing right off the dock. Crab and prawns live in the inlet and you can cook them up in the back yard. The general store is half a block away and is reputed to have the best produce on-island. Local growers offer organic produce and there seem to be berries to pick all season.
Centrally located, the Blue House is perfect for exploring the island:
- Paddle to Juskatla Narrows (a pristine and ecologically rich area) from your back yard
- 40-minute drive to North Beach for swimming and surfing, dip netting crab, beach combing, and incredibly lush-with-life tide pools
- 20-minute drive south to Tlell which features local artisan shops, a farmers market, a coffee shop and beautiful sandy beaches
- Road access access to the west side of the island and Rennell Sound.
Summer season (May 1 - Oct 1)
- Weekly rates - 1,200.00
- 3 days - 675.00
- No single nights during the summer / 3 day minimum.
Off-season rates (Oct1 to April 30)
- Weekly - 900.00
- 3 days - 550.00
- $200.00 per night
Pets are $50.00 week, single pet: $75.00 week for 2 pets.
Additional Guests are 100.00 per week, per person.
- Waterfront location
- Fully equipped kitchen includes dishwasher, stove and fridge for cooking up your catch of the day: crabs, clams, fish, deer or berries
- Master Bedroom has a claw foot tub, from which you can watch the hours long sunsets that Port Clements is famous for
- Bedroom # 2 has a queen-size bed and tons of room to stash your stuff
- Living room has a 6.5 foot long leather couch that is great to stretch out on and tons of space for cots or mats.
- Canoe and kayak launch in your back yard
- Private gardens in which you can relax and enjoy